Thursday

she wrote to me 2months and 5days ago

I got a letter from Emmanuella today! Apparently, as mentioned in the title, it took 2 months and 5 days for the honey dipped well wishes and encouragements of my nearly 5 year old to grace my letterbox from Haiti. Just wanted you all to know, she's doing brilliantly!

Glory Sunshine! The sun made an appearance this morning and I reveled in the confused crisp of the morning; strutting around in a singlet, jeans and boots, allowing the accusing eyes of other early birds, wrapped in trenches, inquire with frowning gazes if I was cold. No. Actually, I wasn't. And I loved it! I'm going to do a little research on an well positioned abandoned building today. See what I can do. I started dreaming ideas for it two days ago. However, I know I know, I need first to finish the little projects I swore devotion to prior to these new ideas of trying to resurrect a large abandoned building on the outskirts of the city, where I intend to lure my generation into social experiments and realisations of urgent issues regarding humanity- or the lack thereof.

I really need to be faithful with the little before I'm trusted with larger amounts. This has nothing to do with financial figures (I've now learnt to live on $50 a month) and everything to do with my ambitious dreams of countering some of the horror Gen Y and our predecessors have unleashed on planet earth and our poor children. All this while completing uni in a passable fashion, being a decent daughter, supportive sister, attending and being church and trying to sustain a life complete with the best friends in the world (yes, mine are better than yours).
All glory to God, who is the strength and hope and love I could never be alone.

1 comment:

  1. yes THE SUNSHINE TODAY WAS AWEsome.

    wow..50bucks a month. i really need to learn off you in financial aspects too XD

    ReplyDelete