Thursday

sorry for doubting

An infant believes everything seen. For example, playing with a ball could result in the ball rolling away and disappearing under a couch, suddenly unseen. The infant would recover from a few seconds of bewilderment and accept that the ball is now non-existant. Time to find a new object of entertainment.

I want to apologise to my dearest friends who don't even know how bewildered and disappointed I just was, for accusing our friendship of dying or being non-existant. You're so much more than I credit you for. I'm just missing you. Sure we have our differences, and I throw pity-parties when you don't invite me out. You're still closer than many to me, we're just not as close as we used to be. Seasons wash in and out and it's time for this here child to grow up. I'm sorry I doubted this, us. But it's true that gold is refined through fire and I appreciate you a little more now. I really do have the best friends in the world. Full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment