Wednesday

OH HUMANITY!

Sometimes, when you're quiet and curious you'll hear somebody sigh. Sometimes that somebody is beside you. Sometimes that somebody is you. But most times, that somebody is somewhere they didn't need to be. Most times, that somebody was the unfortunate victim of preventable sorrow. Some sighs are like gale force winds, violently shaking the white washed walls of a hospital wing or spiraling up elevator shafts because humanity forgot how to be human. We, Generation Y in particular, have traded skins of vulnerability for shields of greedy gain. Somehow self-preservation was tortured past recognition and renamed narcism. It's ironic though, how we torture ourselves with insecurities and inaccessible desires. That we would dare to want and want and want and scarcely get, yet we desperately grip onto the lifestyles that burn our souls and let our wants cost others when the taste of these wants makes us sick!

Sure, it's one thing to say all this. But what on earth am I doing about any of it? Hopefully I'll be accredited and approved to teach CRE soon. Which is a small step to implementing what I believe is one of many beautiful opportunities to demonstrate love, hope&joy. All of the invisible qualities humanity is both drawn to and sceptical of. But I'm not here to reel out my boasts of charitable acts: of which I have little anyway. I just really need to know I'm not the only one in here realising I wake and walk daily through this deceived planet, imagining petals on a dried stalk. This world is in ruins, and the reality is that we've become so desensitised to heartbreak, or we've become so patterned to our own pain that we forget most of it is preventable. PREVENTABLE! I have much and much and much to learn about acting like a Christian and caring half as much as Jesus did. But it would be a heck of a lot easier if I wasn't the only coffee bean trying to flavour my vicinity. I'm trying to help. But I actually need help helping.

Oh Humanity! I thought we agreed on this!
"Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of themselves and their family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond their control."
-Universal Declaration of Human Rights

No comments:

Post a Comment