Thursday

mothers don't know everything

This morning I laughed, because today Mother Dear learned of the uses for a handkerchief. Prior to this morning, she never inquired about one - she never needed to, she had never owned one herself. Today, when I mentioned how Dad hadn't yet seen the handkerchief I drew messages on for Father's Day at Sunday School, I asked whether dad used them.

"Nope"
"Do you think he even knows what it is?"
"...I don't know."
"Do YOU even know what it is."
"...Nope"
"You don't know what a handkerchief is? Where people blow their noses into it instead of using tissues?"
"Oh YUCK! People BLOW THEIR NOSES INTO IT?"
"and sometimes carry it around with them for the day"


She was unbelieving and when the fact was eventually sunk, she appeared unequivocally shocked and mildly disgusted at the thought of having a washing machine filled with little squares of cloth with variable discharges of snot. It was the definition of you-had-to-be-there!

Very laugh worthy, my Mother. She's the best.

"How do you NOT know this? Isn't this in your time!?"
"Ooow yuck."


Oh yes, and while mentioning my mother, be impressed that on the 11th of the 11th, 2000 and 11, my Mother turns half century :) We thought it was cool. We're gonna throw the baddest party in town!

1 comment:

  1. wahH!!! yer i always thought handkerchiefs were groooos XD

    i dont get them XD

    ReplyDelete