Friday

what if the children are dying?

I wrote something a while ago, when I was passionate about my influence on children. When I remembered that the few hours I see my 20-30 children each sunday was all I currently had to work with and to teach them how to be resilient.

Because I don't know them outside of sunday school...sadly enough. I don't know their struggles, their hurts, their joys. I don't know whether they are happy, excited, sad, angry, alone. But the most heartbreaking unknown is that there are far more fears outside the church now, than there are joys. It is a brilliantly terrifying life of new age and modern, or "compromising" beliefs. I need to make sure my children are safe. I need to make sure they know how to rise above sorrow. Because most of my children are not yet secure enough, in their identity. A few of my children know brokenness and some, broken families. Yet I cannot protect them everyday nor hour nor minute that they taste fear. But I need to try harder to teach them resilience, joy and hope. I need to love the hell out of them. I need to be stronger...for them- I cannot cave to my own frustrations anymore! These children may be dying, and they are much too young too! Such a dark awareness has clouded my skies this past week. I'm so afraid I'm about to loose a loved one, or many.

This is what i wrote earlier this year (about March) regarding my perspective and hope and dream:

strange indeed is the call to choose to love in the most inappropriate of times, just because it can be done. stranger still are those who decide to answer this call and attempt to defy the selfishness of human instinct in a culture of narcism.
So we love, or we try to. And we teach the children how to love, or to try to.
Because love changes everything...and children change the world.

And all thy children will be taught of the Lord and great shall be the peace of thy children. ISAIAH4:13

1 comment:

  1. there is so much "compromising" and at times we are pushed to view what we hold as extremely black and white with such negative connotations.

    be strong be strong !

    ReplyDelete