Monday

rebellion.

Tomorrow I'd like to throw myself off the Rialto and close my eyes during free-fall for the 20seconds it'd take to reach ground level- gradually slowing my rush to the bottom, make contact gracefully and walk back to uni. I don't need anybody to see me. I don't need anybody to witness or to know my invincibility. I'd just like to do it because I'm pretty sure It'd make me laugh and smile til at least the next day. Because the gravity of common sense, the government of media and the protocol of social conventions are too heavy. They've kept my feet chained to the surface of this earth when all i want to do is fly. Or even fall.

I'm going to start breaking rules.
I not going to be like you.

Freedom is something we do not understand. Just because one prison cell is one metre by one, we call it third world conditions and feel sorry for them five times a year. The remainder live fed and clothed and sometimes spoilt, yet unaware they are detained in a ninety mile radius. We are all prisoners here, to concrete ideas, traditions and mindsets.

I haven't tasted freedom for more than days in a row.
If I leave though, I'll miss you.

I'll write.

1 comment: