Thursday

skip to my lou

Hear ye, hear ye!
As of this new financial year, I have begun the newest (hopefully most sustainable) fitness regime! Two days in and I'm feeling mighty fine, but not too inconvenienced! My days of hosting this overhanging gut are over! Goodbye guilt and shameful baby belly! Hello Boogie Wonderland!

"So, what is this magical idea, sisterr?" You ask.
"Skipping" I reply.

Everyday my only goal (for fitness) is to skip non-stop to the party song of the 70's: Boogie Wonderland. What's more is that the songs following track two on my '70's Super Disco' cd are just as stimulating, for the day when my stamina cries "More! Challenge me further!".

Yesternight I skipped as well as I could (not non-stop, as I was tripping over myself more frequently as the song wore on) to the 4minute, 50second song. It is no easy task, I assure you! After a break, I proceeded to skip to halfway through Lady Marmalade, rewarding myself after with a movie with Suzanne, which was sad. Very, very sad. I managed to reclaim easy breathing halfway through the 88 minutes of Studio Gibli, sympathising more and more with the two beautiful characters in "Grave of the Fireflies" and crying through the last 20minutes- not sobbed, cried silently, so I could still hear the movie. I felt deathy sad afterward, and so proceeded to watch the anime that began my love for Gibli, "Naussica and the Valley of the Wind". I may be a terrible story teller (please excuse the anticlimax recollection of my yesternight, I usually have a point).

Oh oh, here's a nifty little site for bloggers and crafters alike. The latest entries are quite patriotic to Amercia (not that that's a problem), they just lovely crafts and ideas for the restless and hungry: http://www.skiptomylou.org/

all things shiny,
your sisterr.

No comments:

Post a Comment