Saturday

sisterr loves the sound of local!

So the first half of the day had eluded me and by 2:30pm I left the house early having predicted a craving to drive - anywhere away from home. I was 5 minutes earlier than necessary and sat outside (in the car I drove only because the keys to the usual metal molds were nowhere in sight). Parked on Kings parade, feeling rather like the pauper, I waited for the kid without the guitar to exit his house for a short jam sesh @church. The day had been...droll to say the least. Then on rolled this song, & my day took a turn for the better. Witty, whimsical, beautifully chill and dipped in hilarity. I may even have nerve enough to deem this romantic!




It reminded me of Pez's beloved Festival Song, which I was delighted now had a video clip to accompany it! Reminisce summer with me, I dare you.




Kudos to Triple J, whose advocacy for local music has my ears very pleased! I heart Aussie Hip Hop. There, I said it. Tell me which other sounds evoke satisfied smirks and smiles from such stupid/stupendous ideas. Go on, tell me!

1 comment:

  1. triple J!! what a wise choice of radio station =]
    that's where i heard quite a lot of local music. hehe. community channels are great too! check out SYN FM, Triple R, Triple Z, PBS FM if ya got the times ^^

    hehe banjo style tues are so hilarious ..

    oh! i also get the extreme wants at times to drive.. just DRIVE! and anywhere.. hmm.. one day when i have full tank of petrol might just take every right turn i see with a couple of mates and see where we end up for picnic lol.

    have a good one! sick blog

    ReplyDelete