Sunday

maybe tomorrow?

Today, I did something I barely do. I appreciated the company of all those in my proximity of conversation (except one stranger, I confess - who lost me in his attempts to impress me with conversations of sex coupled with insufferable attempts at small talk- resembling instead: a broken record; whom my poor "coffee" date was forced in her lovely nature, to smile and "laugh" politely in response to). Apart from him, those I usually don't have time for, I wanted to know about. It was as if I had caught a glimpse of gold thread and become curious about a beauty I hadn't seen before - laced neatly into an unsuspecting friend. It was fresh. As it turns out, other people are breaths of fresh. I finally realised (probably temporarily) that I'm not ridiculously cool, and that knowing others adds to the measure of my day.

Sadly, it probably won't take long for this she-narcissist to wake up again expecting the world to wait upon her every wish and command; at the ready to pout and host pity-parties at the detection of supposed injustices dealt her.


I'm trying to condition myself to appreciate tomorrow. It's terribly hard to though (if not impossible), when your whole life you've expected tomorrow without a doubt.

But tomorrow does not belong to me,
and having a "next time" to see you is no guarantee.
I hope...we'll have a tomorrow, together.

Wahaha! Now you're wondering if I'm dying, incredibly sober or very christian. So while I'm here, yes, Jesus loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment