Saturday

updates

I started cleaning up my bedroom floor today....slowly organising my books and the junk under my bed, dumping a handful of discovered clothes into the laundry pile, tying up a bag and a half of rubbish and gathering piles of paper to send along the recycle, all the while sitting deep in daydreams. I also managed to take a squiz at the saturday paper. I hardly read the paper nowadays. A year ago I used to flick eagerly through the moth gray pages with scissors in hand, intent only on cutting out interesting headlines- that strange obsession eased up because I didn't quite know what to do with the headlines once they were cut so they sit dormant in a green manilla folder to this day.

Anyway, these things I only do when I have better things to do. It seems my assignments can wait. Why is it like this? I'll see my children tomorrow. I went to a really good sale today but because I was so rushed I hardly got time to revel in my victorious finds.
ps: I weigh 57kg according to my electronic scale :) I'm about 3kg away from my desire to acquaint myself with the sixties. "Oh, she got meat on her, this one!"

Oh yes, and I've found the make-shift dress I think I'll wear to Elton&Nila's wedding. Cost me a buck. I'm getting real good at being poor yet without having to relinquish frequent shopping habits, but I won't deny I miss being completely financially independant and being able to afford eating out without tasting remorse, but that's just crumbs of humble pie that go down very smoothly :)

I've started organising christmas! It's been a great procrastination task! I figured if I do it gradually, the pinch won't be so painful come december and I'll have time to be creative and thoughtful about gifts. whoo! Last christmas I earned more than I ever had in the history of my life, but I retained none of the nine hundred and something. I was very unwise in my spendage. So the challenge this year is how to keep christmas controlled, thoughtful and similarly generous without exceeding three five oh or forgetting the real reason for christmas.

I'm going to read up on what assignment 2 of 3 is about.

I'll see my kids tomorrow. I'll also be seeing my God.
I'm excited...
but not about these assignments.

1 comment:

  1. wahh.. cleaning my room. haha ..i too somehow end up putting it all "under my bed" ><"!

    wah!! i have some serious weight catching up with you. grr ^^ its bout my goal too.. haha. i need to exercise Y_Y

    wah! organising xmas already?!! its only oct ! you are v. well thinking into the future.

    all the best with your assignments!

    ReplyDelete