Wednesday

i only dream big when i have little

One thing I want to do, of little significance and little priority, is to walk down Johnson Street- which is through the suburb of Fitzroy. The only reason I can't do it now is because I think it'd pain me too much to know I couldn't buy or even afford any of the curious little items in those curious little shops that captured my longing. I think it'd be a right of passage, if anything. Johnson Street is the street I will visit once clearing the debt owing to my dearest parents, having attained a hopefully consistent income.

The current times have brought me the distressing news of having to live off approximately $50 each month...

This goal is one of the selfish desires my habitual shopping tendencies have produced. Self control is something I have little of. The giveaways are my eating habits and my shopping habits. Mind you, I'm a great shopper! I'm a bargain hunter and considerably op-shop wise, having worked at one for a month now and shopped at others since...forever or a couple of years. Eating wise: I eat and eat and eat, whatever's in my view will be eventually be devoured by me, though I try to resist.

Anyway, all I wanted to tell you is that I want to walk the stretch of Johnson Street, and if the day is permitting and the mood-good, probably a trek up and down Brunswick Street too! Followed by the eventual R&R at a cosy little bar with the friend or few who accompanied me in reckless window shopping. This spree will be the exploration from the perspective of one who is...rich...or at least a couple of hundred up...which is...rich.

First Johnson Street,
next,
Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment