Friday

how long must the obvious stare us in the face before we realise it was obviously true...yet we only learn them through the most obscure occasions.

There is nothing more beautiful than my sister.
I say this because she's beauty beyond compare and a strength I could only hope to acquire. She's robust and cluey, wary and of ferocious fight.
She's here for me (a certainty I often forget) & I for her.
I am ever so insecure at a time like this. Enters her, and she just kicks sand over this roaring furnace of tilted paranoia. She adds to it sometimes, but on a whole she does more good than bad.


I feel a little selfish. I'm going to Phillip Island. I'm crashing her holiday. I'm just afraid that if I stay at home, I'll fall apart. I really, really don't want to fall apart. I just want to be around friends, because I've just discovered they're preciously valuable (hello Captain Obvious, cape and all!), and they make up the bulk of my worth.

I just want to waste time with the people I love. Although, someone inspiring did quote "time spent with friends is never wasted". Argue if you will, but I'm certain that time wasted with friends is better than time wasted alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sisterr! I don't know how you do it but I read your entries the way a kid listens to a very good story teller.:).

    ReplyDelete